I am not sure where or even how to begin. My grandfather passed away last Thursday. We had the funeral on Sunday. Randy sang Beulah Land and did an amazing job. The flowers were absolutely beautiful! I miss him so much. He was the greatest man in the world. My grandparents practically raised me. So I think that it is even harder on me because I spent so much time with them. He lived a little over three years after Mamaw died. I know that he isn't suffering anymore and that he is in a better place. I know this but its still one of the hardest things to accept! I loved him so much and we had a relationship that most people would kill to have with their grandfather! Growing up he never spanked me and wouldn't let anyone else do it around him! I was the first grandchild and the only one for four years. It is just really hard to describe the pain. I am so thankful that God has blessed me with him for 28 years although I can't help but wish it was longer. He loved me just as much as I loved him and you could see it in his face. For 28 years every time he saw me his face lit up! There will be more posts to come on this but right now I can't talk anymore about it! I will tell you more about his life in the next post!
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather...I know he is so special to you! I'll be continuing my prayers for you every day!
I know how hard this is for you! I am so sorry that you had to lose him! I didnt know your grandfather wll but could tell by seeing him at your wedding how much he loved you. I will never forget seeing his eyes fill with tears when you released the butterflies at your wedding to honor your grandmother! What a sweet genuine man! You are so lucky to have had the relationship with him that you did! Cherish those thoughts and memories and praise God for His grace and for the Promise that you will be with him again!!! I love you guys!
Post a Comment